My Morning Chant
Updated: Mar 16
A friend told me I should share my morning chant, so here it is. I chant the first part before meditating and the second as I come out of meditation. I repeat each verse a few times, touching my forehead to the ground with each phrase. I love that posture.
- Being is holding to nothing
- Being is knowing nothing
- Being is wanting nothing
- Being is being nothing
- Holding to nothing is being free of everything
- Knowing nothing is being open to everything
- Wanting nothing is being grateful for everything
- Being nothing is loving everything
It's a chant I composed for myself more than ten years ago, and it changes somewhat from time to time. I keep checking whether the words express just what I want to express as I start my day, and change them if I feel they don't quite hit the mark. That's a good practice by itself.